In the late 1950s, Avv. Giovanni Agnelli commissioned Mario Felice Boano to build the first car to be used at the sea or lake as a 'tender' from the boat to the house. The first Spiaggina was born. Boano made two very famous examples, one for Agnelli and the other for Onassis (whose photo with Churchill in the car is very famous).
The following year the Carrozzeria Boano was transformed into the nascent Centro Stile FIAT and Felice Boano became its director. Following this, the car's design and subsequent production were handed over to Carrozzeria Savio.
Once transferred to Carrozzeria Savio, the car was renamed 'Spider Elegance'. It was a great success and soon established itself as a viable alternative to Ghia's famous Jolly, as the concept was similar but the Spider Elegance was also able to stand out as it had its own shape different from that of the production car.
The design was continually updated with improvements, until the last version presented in 1965 where a folding roof appeared along the lines of the typical convertible.
About the car:
Our example was purchased from a garage where it remained for more than 50 years due to the owner leaving after an accident. The car was partially disassembled, but almost all the parts were present.
The restoration was very long, total and thorough and lasted about 3 years.
- Fully restored bodywork
- Top-quality paintwork by a specialised body shop in Turin
- Wicker seats reconstructed and handmade by a specialised craftsman
- Engine completely opened and restored to new, still running in
- Braking system completely dismantled and restored to new
- New electrical system
- Woodwork overhauled and sanitised
- All chrome work freshly redone
- New interior upholstery with prestige material
The car is now in excellent condition ready to be enjoyed
Available by Veloce Classic Italia SRLS
La nostra auto:
Il nostro esemplare è stato acquistato da un garage dove è rimasto per più di 50 anni a causa dell'abbandono del proprietario dopo un incidente.
L'auto era parzialmente smontata, ma quasi tutte le parti erano presenti.
Il restauro è stato molto lungo, totale e approfondito ed è durato circa 3 anni.
- Carrozzeria completamente restaurata
- Verniciatura di ottima qualità presso carrozzeria specializzata di Torino
- Sedili in vimini ricostruiti e fatti a mano da un artigiano specializzato
- Motore completamente aperto e restaurato a nuovo, ancora da rodare
- Impianto frenante completamente smontato e riportato a nuovo
- Impianto elettrico nuovo
- Falegnameria revisionata e sanificata
- Tutte le cromature appena rifatte
- Nuova tappezzeria interna con materiale prestigiosi
L'auto è ora in ottime condizioni pronta per essere usata
Offerta da Veloce Classic Italia SRLS
Prezzo: Su richiesta